November 20, 2008

I Feel Like I'm In Paradise

Sometimes things break. Sometimes things fall apart. Sometimes the songs we upload don’t work. We do what we can. We carry on, fight the urge to succumb to frustration, and we walk through another day. The last post “Santa Kong!” is now up and running again. No idea what happened on that one. Peter, I owe you a coke. Or more songs. Actually, let’s just do more songs, that sounds easier.

Last Month of the Year – Blind Boys of Alabama
A pretty straight-forward religious song here. Don’t let that scare you though, unless you have an aversion to a raucous good time.


Listen to Otis Redding At Home During Christmas – Okkervil River

Home is where beds are made and butter is added to toast. It’s where layers of clothes are applied to my cold body.

Merry Christmas Baby – Otis Redding

I have to follow-up a tribute to Otis Redding with the real Otis Redding.


White Christmas – Otis Redding

And one more.


God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Jigsaw Seen

Okay, call me crazy. I know this song pretty much rips off “Paint It Black,” but dang if it’s not one of my favorite versions of this song. Download this and turn it up loud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

77 santas my friends! happy holidays. looking forward to the choicest xmas picks this season. the classics refuse to die!