December 21, 2009

Snowy Nights and Christmas Lights

I’ve been shoveling the past two days. I’m sore, and not the way a man in a 1940s movie is sore. I’m actually wincing each time I type a letter. So long PC—we’ll see him again next year, I’m sure. We do hope to have another project, but the response to 77 Santas is so strong each year, how can we stop? I just ordered two new Christmas compilations last night so I’m not going anywhere.

Here are some new drawings. We are getting close to 77! It promised to be a doozey. I’ll be here until Wednesday to send all of you into Christmas Eve in style. So get ready—as usual, I’m closing things out with an explosion of goodness.

Shimmy Down the Chimney – Alison Krauss

Her voice… It’s… Ah, it’s good, it’s good.

It Doesn’t Have to Be That Way – Jim Croce

Jim, it sure doesn’t.

Carol of the Bells – The Vienna Boys’ Choir

Ring, ring, ring.

Nut Rocker – B Bumble and the Stingers

Totally off-the-wall piano.

All I Want For Christmas Is You – Vince Vance and The Valiants

An 80s classic.

Christmas Spirit – The Wailers

It’s in the air, can’t you hear it?

No Christmas In Kentucky – Phil Ochs

Sadly, this song rings all true.

Same Old Lang Syne – Dan Fogelberg

I don’t care what you call it, this is a keeper.

Rockin’ This Christmas – The Tractors

Lead singer Steve Ripley used to play guitar for Bob Dylan. He also used to smoke a lot of cigarettes, or at least it sounds that way.

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Roy Wood and Wizzard

I love the cash register at the start of this song.

Jingle Bells – Reverend Horton Heat

Nothing like some psychotic rockabilly.

Little Toy Trains – Roger Miller

One of my favorite country Christmas tunes.

God Rest Ye Gentlemen – Pedro the Lion

Hushed and soft, another great version.

Hey Santa Claus – The Moonglows

Hey!

Mama’s Twisting with Santa Claus – Mark Anthony

1. Is mom cheating on dad? 2. Does mom not know some more updated dances?

1 comment:

Sloopy said...

Thanks for the Jim Croce!