December 19, 2009

Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Christmas Bells are Ringing

Almost time for me to pack up the workshop and hit the road. Not without a few last posts, though.

I treated myself to Gord's Gold yesterday. Here's a gem from that treasure chest.

Song for a Winter's Night: Gordon Lightfoot

Now three upbeat tracks from a master:

Nat King Cole:

Caroling, Caroling

Deck the Hall

Joy to the World

Here are two takes on a fave song of mine by two of my faves:

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear: The Louvin Brothers

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear: John Fahey

This song is awesome, but the video is awesomer

Must Be Santa: Bob Dylan

It just ain't Christmas around here without the Phil Spector Christmas album

Marshmallow World: Darlene Love

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Crystals

I'll close it out with a few tracks by two very soulful ladies

It Won't Seem Like Christmas: Loretta Lynn

Oh, Holy Night: Mahalia Jackson

Silent Night, Holy Night: Mahalia Jackson

PC

No comments: