December 08, 2008

A New One Just Begun


28 years ago today, John Lennon was murdered. I'll start out with a tribute to him, and follow with some other 'classic rock' Christmas jams. RIP, sir.

John Lennon: Happy Christmas (War is over) (Well, no)

Bruce Springsteen: Merry Christmas Baby


He's called the boss for a reason. This is one of those songs I don't mind hearing on the radio every day during December. This also marks the rare occasion when Springsteen doesn't say "Mister" in a song, so enjoy that, too.

Eddie Money: Everybody Loves Christmas


Canned Heat: Christmas Blues

Which rhymes with Christmas Shoes, the worst, most despicable Christmas (or any) song, ever. Every time I hear it I get mad.

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Run Run Rudolph

My thumb, middle, and ring finger are hidden. My index and my pinkie are pointing straight up.

John Lennon: Give Peace a Chance


PC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eddie money and others dead said ran out of posting