December 08, 2008

We're Not Tuckered Out

We love you guys. The site is so popular that we can barely keep the songs up before the bandwidth runs out. We could pay money to have a better server, but quite honestly, we are very poor. You see, we went to graduate school for creative writing (yes, we know there is irony here, since my posts are usually riddled with typos), and honestly, that doesn’t lead to a six-figure salary no matter what the economy is like. So if there’s an older song that you’d like reposted, let us know! Leave it as a comment and we’ll get it back up as soon as we can. Sorry for that.


Thanks to PC for posting John Lennon. We feature it every year on this day. And, sadly, each year the message still remains relevant.


Christmas Eve Can Kill You – The Everly Brothers


But let’s hope not.


I’ll Be Home with Bells On – Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers


This song is always special to me. I remember that my dad absolutely this song. And it makes me nostalgic and it makes me yearn to get back to Pennsylvania this Christmas.


Another Christmas At Home – Eux Autres


This one has really grown on me over the years. There’s something frantic about this, which I always feel when I get home—never enough time to see everyone that I want to see. Hell—that I need to see to retain sanity.


Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) – Arab Strap


This is about as somber as one could make a Darlene Love. It highlights the sadness that’s present underneath that great wall of sound on the original. At the end of the song, her baby (or in this case, his) has not returned.


Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) – Darlene Love


Yep, I already posted this, way back in November. There’s quite simply not a better Christmas out there. And someday I just need to hear this.


Pretty Paper – Roy Orbison


No one ever sang like this man, and no one ever will.


Spooky – Classics IV

Not a Christmas song, but I saw that Dennis Yost, the group’s lead singer, died. This is probably their most famous song, and damned catchy at that.

3 comments:

A.M. Knight said...

Great blog, following it everyday to get a hold of much needed Christmas music away from the states in Malta (where there is christmas music, but i'm far away from mine).

I was hoping you could repost Lyrnyrd Skynyrd - Run Run Rudolph?

Anonymous said...

Hey there - Love this site. Thanks for posting all these great XMas tunes.
I saw you had one Blind Boys of Alabama tune posted some time back - if you've got more, would love to hear them

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. I can't believe I have never commented before. Have either of you ever gotten a hold of the Steve and Eydie song "That Holiday Feeling". It's fantastic. A little like Baby, It's Cold Outside. They play it on our local Christmas station, but it seems to be unavailable from the usual suspects (iTunes, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.).
Speaking of Baby, It's Cold Outside, do either of you have the Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton version? That's great too, but I don't know where to find it.
One more request: Can you repost the Crystals Rudolph? I'm always up for Spector magic.