December 18, 2006

La La La


Here's a few more tunes before I get to my big Favorites list. I'll start off with some more from one of my all time favorite bands, My Morning Jacket. As previously mentioned, these are off their album, "My Morning Jacket Does Xmas Fiasco Style". It's a great little album. Buy it and everything they're recorded. Also, see them live. You will not be dissapointed. I am reposting a few from earlier, too.

My Morning Jacket:

New Morning

This is a Nick Cave song.

I Just Wanted To Say

Xmas Time is Here Again

These two are written by Jim James, lead singer and gun slinger.

As we've mentioned many times, we are both HUGE fans of the Phil Spector Christmas album. I myself first heard some of these songs in Goodfellas (The scene after the big heist, when all the idiots are flashing their wealth and Jimmy Conway gets angry). This stuff is so tremendous. It sounds like it was recorded 30 years ago, it sounds like it was recorded this morning...

The Crystals: Parade of the Wooden Soldiers

Darlene Love: Winter Wonderland

The Ronettes: I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

and Frosty the Snowman

I'm sure we've doubled or tripled up on these, but it's ok cuz they're so good.

More coming soon. PC

No comments: