December 20, 2006

Twas The Night Before


Well, One last outpouring of songs and then it's time to close up the workshop for the year. It's been a blast, and I hope you've all enjoyed the songs as much as us! Look forward to greater things in the coming year, and be sure to check out JV's other blog, Indian Dance Music, as well. I might even appear there, too. Happy, safe, fun, glittering holidays to all!


They Might Be Giants: Santa's Beard

This is for, and was recommended by, my dear Nicole. The kooky, clever, boisterous Giants.

Sarah McLachlan: In the Bleak Midwinter

This is a request of a great, great song. JV posted it earlier.

Alvin & The Chipmunks: Please Christmas Don't Be Late

Great song. I still want a hula hoop!

Darlene Love: Winter Wonderland

We love her here at 77 Santas. You can not post her songs enough. Also, if I repeat myself, forgive me. It's all good stuff though.

John Fahey: Good King Wenceslas

Transcendant.

Roger Miller: Little Toy Trains

The O'Jays: Christmas Just Ain't Christmas (Without the One You Love)

Stevie Wonder: That's What Christmas Means to Me

Willie Nelson: Pretty Paper

Jimeney Cricket: Twas the Night Before Christmas

Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton: I'll Be Home With Bells On

This is for JV, who thought of it after he was home. His father used to listen to this every year. Here's to him, JV. Knowing you I know your dad must have been one hell of a man.

Those Silly Dogs and Cats Barking Jingle Bells

Ridiculous, I know. And that's how we end it. Joy to the world!!!!!!!!

PC

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Adam Sandler hanukkah songs?

Anonymous said...

Not complaining or anything, and it is possible that I missed it, but what about Band Aid's Do they know it's Christmas? Maybe a rare video post b/c you can't beat those 80s hair styles. Hugs and kisses.

Anonymous said...

I keep getting "exceeded downloads" msg on this and other songs in this post . . .

Erick said...

Thank you for all of the great songs. See ya next year.

Jim said...

Great blog, which unfortunately I came to much too late. The one song I was most interested in was the one you named your blog for. I didn't think Gayla Peevee had recorded any Christmas songs besides the Hippo one. Any chance you could re-post that one?

Thanks again for a super blog.

Anonymous said...

hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the swell songs you posted this season. having those on rotation at the old homsetead made this christmas much more enjoyable. have yourself a great new year, and looking forward to 77 santas '07 edition!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add to the call for a 77 Santas 2006 compilation post for those that came late to the party. Please oh please oh please! Please email me if this is something anyone could help with offline: dealtime06 at gmail dot calm.