December 10, 2006

Snowflakes


Just a few random findings from the past few days for now. JV and I are hard at work on a couple of great theme posts, in addition to other great things. Hopefully he's feeling better after his lashing out of yesterday.

Two versions of a great song:

Frank Sinatra: The Christmas Waltz

Peggy Lee: The Christmas Waltz

This is cheesy, I know, but I like it.

Dan Fogelberg: Same Old Lang Syne

Also a bit cheesy, but great.

Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton: I Believe in Santa Claus

Christmas Eve is two weeks away. I can't wait! If only I didn't have over 70 students worth of work to grade between now and then.
Here's another version of a song we've posted twice so far (this was also cause for JV to diss my "modern" version...). These boys kick out the jams. They're on the road right now. Go see them.

My Morning Jacket: Santa Claus is Back in Town

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just downloaded Dan Fogelberg's Same Old Lang Syne and as soon as I heard that piano intro, I felt an unfamiliar feeling. I checked out the symptoms on webmd: queasy, lightheaded, cold sweat, blurred vision, loss of appetite. Apparently, I have a slight case of nostalgia. Jeebus, what's happening to me? Maybe my black heart is evolving to an ashy grey... let's hope not.